As anticipated in my previous post, I built a docset that will dramatically speed-up Talend Open Studio component development under Mac OS X environments and specifically to those using Dash Snippet Manager. This docset, made in Apple standard format, basically exposes the full set of Talend Open Studio API 5.2 in a more organic and searchable way. To use it, follow these steps:
- Install Dash from this App Store link;
- In Preferences > Downloads click the “+” icon and paste the following feed URL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/extra-openanalytics/dash/Talend_Open_Studio.xml;
- Click the “Download” button to automatically install. After this operation, the window will looks similar to the following picture:
- Close the Preferences Windows. A new entry Talend Open Studio should be visible between installed docsets. Now you can explore the full API set or make searches using the “tos:” prefix (ie. “tos:IMetadataColumn):
- Namespaces unfortunately follow Obj-C syntax rather than Java one, but I was not able to fix it yet. I think it’s a bug in my docsetutil configuration, I’ll investigate further. However, this should not avoid the usefulness of the package.
Next steps will include a set of code snippets for Dash, devoted to Talend component development. Have a nice day!